11 marzo 2013

Meet Squirlock Holmes




Even if it's in italian, it clarifies perfectly the subject of this post! 

I don't usually draw animal characters, but since I started developing squirrels for a character of a book that I had in mind (and that is still there -_-) ... I never stopped being surrounded by them. Here you find some sketches I did a couple of years ago






Then I create this one for my first business card






And then, some days ago, he appeared, the one and only Squirlock Holmes. At first he was a kid and, of course, he turned into a squirrel (but the kid is super cute and I'll color him one of these days)




Of course he doesn't look very smart, as all of them. I hope no squirrel association sues me. Anyway, he's actually a good detective, look at him in action! (He's a little different from the sketch, but I'll define him in the future...maybe)




You should imagine this as a circle, of course!


2 commenti:

  1. We love Squirlock Holmes.

    Dopo una lunga meditazione per eleggere il mio scoiattolo preferito nel tuo parco scoiattoli, ho risolto che il mio scoiattolo ideale ha: la faccia del secondo da sinistra in alto (e la sua caratteristica espressione circospetta), la panza sporgente del terzo da sinistra in alto, la coda del secondo da sinistra in basso.

    Quello del biglietto da visita mi ricorda un po' quello in cui si trasfoma mago Merlino!

    RispondiElimina
  2. Ihihihih! In realtà il primo scoiattolo naque per essere isterico e nervoso, è per quello che hanno gli occhi strabuzzati e sono magrini. Quelli della Disney erano moooolto più scoiattolosi (anche nelle posture) e più...come si dice fluffosi. E da li, tutti gli scoiattoli sono rimasti magrini e allucinati. U_U che storie!!

    RispondiElimina